Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Five Reasons to Sign on to US Logistics’ Freight Agent Program
by Drew Jackson
Freight brokerage is a fast-moving profession, where high performance counts for everything. Independent freight agents need to be responsive, adaptable, and on top — or even ahead — of the trends that drive the industry.
That leaves little time for the business side of running your own business. Carrier onboarding, accounting, collections, claims — all of these functions are essential to financial security and growth. But they also take time away from the reason you became an independent freight agent in the first place: to build a future on your own terms.
Freight agent programs, like the one offered by US Logistics, can offload many of those administrative tasks so you can focus on growing your book of business. But finding the right brokerage partner can be a bit like taking a car out for a test drive. Everything may look great on the surface, but once you get it out on the road, you discover it’s not quite everything you thought.
The issue for freight agents is that every “test drive” costs time and risks profitability. Given the complexities of the industry, you can’t afford to lose ground to brokerages that don’t have the platform or operational model to support a 24/7 business cycle. Worse, shady practices, spotty response times, and missed carrier payments can put your reputation at risk.
At USL, we view our independent freight agents as partners, not as a means to an end. Together, we ensure freight gets to where it needs to be. And we do that by combining personalized attention with a suite of services that support you at every turn.
Here are five ways that USL’s freight agent program provides you with the support you need to get ahead:
We are real people with real experience who thrive in constant motion. And we work harder than anyone else in the industry to earn our 30%.
- Responsiveness: We don’t work banker’s hours. We work your hours. Issues and opportunities can’t wait until the next business day for resolution. That’s why our experienced team is always on it and ready to support you, 24/7/365.
- Personalized support: We get to know you so we can better deliver on what’s important to you. While we do rely on technology to automate time-consuming processes and save our agents time, our core offering is the ability to speak with real people. That way, you get the solutions you need, when you need them.
- Straightforward commission: We offer a 70% commission rate with no sliding scales or hidden fees. With no non-competes and protected customer accounts that belong to you, you can dictate how to grow your business.
- Strong credit and financial standing: We’re family owned and in it for the long haul, offering our agents greater security to plan their futures. Our solid industry reputation and excellent credit rating further provide our agents with a foundation on which to build.
- Prompt carrier pay: Our quick-pay standard keeps carriers happy and on board. That makes it easier to find the best carrier to get the job done.
Discover how you can leverage our experience to your advantage. Visit us at uslfreight.com.